Quick and delicious!
Cod with Hoisin Glaze
Fresh ginger, sesame oil and chili paste give bottled hoisin sauce easy, delicious flavor. Serve the cod over steamed Chinese greens.
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger root
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
½ teaspoon garlic chili paste, or hot sauce (or less to taste)
1 pound, uncooked lingcod fillet(s), washed and patted dry
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
1 ½ tsp, toasted sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
To make glaze, in a medium bowl, combine hoisin sauce, ginger, oil and chili paste; mix well. Add fish to bowl; turn to coat both sides, making sure to rub in all of the glaze.
Place fish in a baking dish; cook until no longer translucent in center, about 8 to 12 minutes (depending on thickness of fish).
Remove to a serving plate; garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.
1 WW Freestyle SmartPoint per serving
• Prep: 10 Minutes
• Cook: 12 Minutes
• Total Time: 22 Minutes
Source: Weight Watchers (Servings: 4 | Yield: 3 1/2 ounces fish per serving.)
Piernik – a Polish Christmas cake
Ingredients (for the cake)
140 g unsalted butter
300 g honey
100 g light brown sugar
365 g plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
3 large eggs
Ingredients (for the filling and the ganache)
250 g plum jam
225 ml double cream
140 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
3 tablespoons clear honey
1. Method Grease and line the base of a deep 20cm cake tin with baking parchment.
2. In a saucepan, put the butter, honey and sugars, then cook over a medium heat until fully melted. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 140C.
4. Sieve all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix them together.
5. Once the butter mixture has cooled, whisk in the eggs, then pour that into the flour and spice mixture and mix until fully combine. Careful not to overmix the mixture of you will end up with a dry cake. Pour into the cake tin and cook for about 1 hour. Check whether the cake is done with a skewer, then remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
6. In the meantime, prepare your ganache by putting the chocolate, honey and cream into a saucepan and melting over medium heat, mixing to combine the ingredients together. Remove from the heat and let it cool and slightly thicken. Mix it from time to time.
7. Once the sponges have cooled, use a serrated knife to slice the cake into three equal layers. Position the bottom layer on your a wire rack, then spread half of the jam on. Top with the second layer and cover that with the rest of the jam, then position the remaining layer on top.
8. Put a sheet of baking parchment/foil under the wire rack, so that it collects any extra ganache which will drop off the cake. Once the chocolate ganache has reached a slightly denser consistency, pour that over the cake and let it completely drip down the sides, so that the whole cake is covered. Leave to cool and harden.
9. When ready, use a palette knife to transfer the cake onto a serving dish/platter.
Made for Melissa’s birthday, 2019!
Source: Baking with Attitude (Servings: 12 | Yield: 1 cake)
Baked Herb Catfish
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon pepper
4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter, melted
1 garlic clove, minced
1. Combine the first seven ingredients; sprinkle over fillets on both sides. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the lemon juice, butter and garlic; drizzle over fillets.
2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
• Prep: 20 Minutes
• Bake: 15 Minutes
Source: TASTE OF HOME (4 servings)
Shrimp Zoodles Parmesan for Two
Baked Shrimp Parmesan over Zucchini Noodles – an easy, light and delicious shrimp dish made in under 30 minutes!
8 ounces peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
fresh black pepper, to taste
1 large egg, beaten*
3 tablespoons whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon panko crumbs
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
olive oil cooking spray
For the Zoodles:
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed with the side of a knife
1 ¼ cups crushed tomatoes, I always use Tuttorosso
kosher salt and pepper, to taste
2 medium zucchini (14 oz total), spiralized with the thicker blade, and cut into 6-inch lengths
1 ounce shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Put the beaten egg in one bowl, and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese a second bowl.
3. Wash and dry the shrimp. Season lightly black pepper, then put a few at a time in the bowl with the egg to coat. Then into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on a baking sheet.
4. Spray the top of the shrimp generously with oil then bake in the middle rack for about 6-7 minutes.
5. Turn shrimp over then cook another 3 minutes or until cooked though.
6. In a large oven safe skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
7. Add the garlic and cook until browned, about 2 minutes.
8. Add the crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper and simmer on low 5 to 6 minutes.
9. When the shrimp is done, add the zucchini noodles and cook 1 1/2 to 2 minutes tops, stirring to combine with sauce.
10. Place the cooked shrimp over the zoodles, top with cheese and place under the broiler 1 minute until the cheese melts.
Yield: 2 servings, Serving Size: 5 shrimp, 1/2 zoodles
Freestyle Points: 4
Source: Skinny Taste (2 servings)
My block for The Virginia Quilt Museum 2019 Block Challenge! It’s a wonderful museum I have visited many times. They are planning to sew the finished blocks into a raffle quilt to support the museum.
15-Minute Chicken Paillards Recipe | Bon Appetit
2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 8 ounces each)
Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
½ small head of cabbage, very thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
½ small red onion, very thinly sliced
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Pound chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to ¼” thick; season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large skillet over high. Carefully place 1 chicken breast in skillet (laying it away from you) and cook until golden brown and nearly cooked through, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until cooked through, about 1 minute (second side will not brown). Transfer to a large plate. Repeat with 1 Tbsp. oil and remaining cutlet. Let the cutlets rest while you make the slaw.
Toss cabbage, onion, and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl; season with salt. Drizzle in vinegar and remaining 3 Tbsp. oil and toss again. Top cutlets with slaw.
11 WW Freestyle Smartpoints
Source: Bon Apetit (2 servings)
Just finished step 2 of #simplefriendships2QAL !
Reminds me of the actresses with duck lips …