Hazelnut Cake with Mocha Whipped Cream
2 tablespoons flour
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¾ cup sugar
5 ounces hazelnuts, (1 cup)
MOCHA WHIPPED CREAM
1 ½ cups whipping cream
½ cup sugar
⅓ cup cocoa
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon instant coffee
2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Prepare 2 (9-inch) round pans. Grease; put waxed paper round on bottoms; grease again. Set oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put eggs and sugar in blender on high. When smooth, add nuts and blend until finely ground. Add flour and baking powder and blend just until mixed.
3. Pour into prepared pans and bake 20 minutes.
4. Invert pans carefully on plates or flat board. When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar or fill and frost with Mocha Cream.
5.Mocha Whipped Cream:
6. Whip cream until thick. Add sugar and cocoa, a little at a time, whipping until stiff. Mix instant coffee powder with vanilla until coffee is liquid, add mixture to whipped cream and whip only until light brown color is even thorough out. Spread between layers and on top and sides of Hazelnut Cake.
7. Refrigerate until served.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 442 Calories; 30g Fat (59.5% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 167mg Cholesterol; 272mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 5 1/2 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.
Excellent! Made for hubby’s birthday in 1999!
Also known in our house as 5 minute blender cake!
Source: “Cookbooks On/Line!” (12 servings)