4 medium sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
½ c. barbecue sauce, plus more for serving
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ small red onion, thinly sliced into quarter moons
1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced
1 c. shredded smoked Gouda
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet. Toss with oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Bake until tender, about 1 hour, depending on size. Let cool slightly, then, using a paring knife, slice along top of each sweet potato and push in both ends to create a well.
3. In a medium bowl, toss chicken with barbecue sauce and garlic. Stuff into sweet potatoes, then top with red onion, jalapeño, and Gouda. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melty and chicken is warmed through, about 15 minutes more.
4. Drizzle with barbecue sauce before serving.
These twice-baked potatoes are loaded with the makings of a full chicken dinner.
• Prep: 15 Minutes
• Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Source: Delish.com (Servings: 4 | Yield: 4)
A sure sign you aren’t mentally convinced about the yumminess of hard boiled eggs – peel and immediately place in compost bin.
Sesame Soy Grilled Tuna that tastes just like your favorite restaurant but is made at home. Don’t be intimidated to cook this easy grilled or pan seared tuna at home for a healthy and delicious dinner.
⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 green onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
½ teaspoon black pepper
24 ounces ahi tuna steaks (about 6 oz each piece)
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, green onions, garlic, sesame oil, ginger, and pepper.
2. Marinate the tuna in this mixture in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, two hours or more is ideal. If you can, remove the tuna from the fridge twenty minutes before cooking so it can come to room temperature.
3. When ready to cook, remove the tuna from the marinade, brushing off any green onions.
4. Brush the grill with cooking spray. Cook the tuna for about 3 minutes on each side for medium rare. For medium well, cook about 5 minutes on each side.
5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Source: Slender Kitchen (4 servings)
Frozen hash brown potatoes help bulk up this snack to make it a meal.
12 ounces fresh Mexican-style chorizo sausage, casings removed
2 cups frozen diced hash brown potatoes
1 onion, chopped fine
1 poblano chile, stemmed, seeded, and chopped fine
8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (2 cups)
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Cook chorizo, potatoes, onion, and poblano in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until chorizo is cooked through and potatoes are tender, 10 to 12 minutes, breaking up chorizo with wooden spoon. Transfer to bowl and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir Monterey Jack and cilantro into chorizo mixture. Spread 1 cup chorizo mixture over half of each tortilla, leaving ½-inch border. Fold tortillas over filling and press firmly so quesadillas stay folded.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Place 2 folded quesadillas in skillet, weigh down with large saucepan, and cook until browned and cheese has melted, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remaining 2 quesadillas. Cut into wedges and serve.
Why this recipe works:
Weighing down the quesadillas with a saucepan evens out the cooking and promotes crispy tortillas.
Source: Cook’s Country (4 servings)
1 pound ground lamb
3 green onions, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 pinch salt, to taste
1 pinch black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the grill for high heat.
2. In a bowl, mix the lamb, green onions, garlic, curry powder, cumin, red pepper, salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
3. Lightly oil grill grate. Grill patties 5 minutes on each side, or until done.
• Prep: 10 Minutes
• Cook: 15 Minutes
• Ready in: 25 Minutes
Source: All Recipes.com (Servings: 4 | Yield: 4 patties)
½ cup shredded cooked chicken
½ cup prepared tikka masala sauce
2 pieces flatbread (naan or pita work well)
¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
¼ cup sliced green onions
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1. Combine chicken and tikka masala sauce.
2. Divide evenly and spread over naan bread. Top each with goat cheese, green onions and almonds.
3. Bake at 400°F, directly on oven rack, for about 8-11 minutes or until bread is crisp. Slice and serve.
12 WW Freestyle Points
Source: Central Market (Servings: 2 | Yield: 2 pizzas)