Zucchini, Red Onion and Tomato Sauté
2 tsp, extra-virgin olive oil
2 medium uncooked zucchini, cut into large chunks
1 small, thinly sliced uncooked red onion
1 cup grape tomatoes
¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
⅛ teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
1 teaspoon minced garlic
⅓ cup basil, leaves, roughly torn
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add zucchini and onion, cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini and onion are golden and tender, about 5 to 8 minutes (don’t be tempted to stir too often, the zucchini needs to get nice and golden brown).
2. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper; cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, just until tomatoes start to soften, about 2 minutes.
3. Add garlic; cook over medium heat, tossing, just until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
5. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
1 WW Freestyle PointsPlus
• Prep: 22 Minutes
• Cook: 10 Minutes
• Total Time: 22 Minutes
Source: Weight Watchers (4 servings)