Beef Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Delicious ground beef, cooked with delicious spices, and tossed with bruschetta and marinara, stuffed inside zucchini, topped with mozzarella, and baked until tender. They are low carb and keto diet friendly.
4 zucchini medium
1 lb. ground beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 cup bruschetta low carb, sugar free version
½ cup marinara low carb, sugar free version
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Slice zucchini in half, and hollow them out with a spoon.
3. Chop the part you scraped out of the zucchini up and set it aside.
4. Line zucchini boats on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
5. Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Cook onion for 2-3 minutes or until it begins to golden.
6. Add the garlic and cook for a few seconds. Add meat and cook until it’s no longer pink, 3-5 minutes.
7. Add the marinara sauce, and bruschetta, 1 cup zucchini pulp, italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
8. Spoon mixture into zucchini boats and top each with cheese.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheesy is fully melted and bubbly.
• Prep: 15 Minutes
• Cook: 20 Minutes
• Total Time: 35 Minutes
Source: Eazy Peazy Mealz (4 servings)