Creamy Mustard Chicken
In this healthy, creamy mustard chicken recipe, thin-sliced chicken breasts (sometimes labeled chicken cutlets) cook quickly and are delicious smothered in a velvety, light mustard sauce and garnished with fresh chopped sage. If you can’t find chicken cutlets, cut boneless, skinless chicken breast into 4-ounce pieces and place between pieces of plastic wrap. Pound with a meat mallet, rolling pin or heavy skillet until flattened to about 1/2 inch thick.
½ package whole-wheat angel hair pasta (7-8 ounces)
4 thin-sliced chicken breasts or cutlets (about 1 pound)
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
¼ cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 large shallot, finely chopped
½ cup dry white wine
½ cup water
¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage, plus more for garnish
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow bowl and coat both sides of the chicken, shaking off any excess. Reserve 2 teaspoons flour; discard the rest.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a clean plate.
4. Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add wine and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Combine water with the reserved 2 teaspoons flour. Add to the pan and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream, mustard, 2 tablespoons sage and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Return the chicken to the pan and turn to coat with the sauce.
5. Top the pasta with half the sauce, the chicken and then the remaining sauce. Garnish with more sage, if desired.
11 WW PointsPlus
• Active: 35 Minutes
Source: EatingWell.com (4 servings)