Eggplant Parm Tortilla Pizza
Here’s a much quicker, lighter way to enjoy this Italian classic. Serve it with an arugula, tomato and mushroom salad for a complete meal.
2 sprays cooking spray
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cups raw eggplant, diced, about 1 medium
1 large clove, minced
¼ teaspoon table salt
4 teaspoons seasoned breadcrumbs, Italian-variety
4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
304 grams whole wheat tortilla, 4 (10-inch) tortillas
½ cup marinara sauce
¾ cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 tablespoons basil, fresh
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add eggplant and cook, stirring often, until eggplant is golden and tender, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in garlic and salt and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
4. Arrange tortillas on prepared baking sheets; spread each with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce. Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup eggplant, 2 teaspoons breadcrumb mixture and 3 tablespoons mozzarella. Bake until bottoms of tortillas are crisp and cheese is melted, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. To serve, sprinkle each pizza with 1 tablespoon basil; cut each pizza into 4 wedges.
• Prep: 15 Minutes
• Cook: 18 Minutes
Source: Weight Watchers (Servings: 4 | Yield: 4 pizzas, 1 pizza per serving)