Rigatoni with Chicken and Feta
1 lb. fresh rigatoni or 8 ounces dried
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 lb. rotisserie chicken meat (store-bought, skin removed and meat pulled)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
28 ounces whole, peeled San Marzano tomatoes (crushed by hand)
8 ounces feta cheese, divided (crumbled)
1 bunch basil (torn, to serve)
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Fill a large heavy-bottomed pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Add rigatoni and cook 1 minute less than package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
2. Meanwhile, place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, garlic and chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic becomes aromatic, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Drain pasta. Add pasta, bring to a simmer and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from the heat. Add half of the feta and stir to combine.
4. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil. Garnish with more feta and basil.
5. Tip: if you can’t find fresh rigatoni, use dried!
14 WW SmartPoints if only using 4 ounces feta in pasta preparation step #3 and not using additional 4 ounces for garnish, 17 WW SmartPoints if using all 8 ounces for prep and garnish.
Source: Michael Symon on The Chew (4 servings)