1 pound boned and skinned chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/2 inch thick
Chili Lime Rub
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
1-4-½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder, (optional for more heat)
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 large lime, squeezed, for 2 Tbps juice
Lime zest from 1 lime
1. In a small bowl, whisk chicken rub ingredients together and rub evenly all over chicken breasts. Timer permitting, allow chicken to sit for 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate up to 8 hours then bring to room temperature for before cooking.*
2. STOVETOP DIRECTIONS If chicken has been refrigerated, let sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes (time permitting).
3. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot, add chicken and cook, undisturbed for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely browned (or blackened if you prefer) on one side. Turn chicken over, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for approximately 5-7 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken), or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
4. Garnish with extra fresh lime juice if desired.
5. GRILLING DIRECTIONS If chicken has been refrigerated, let sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes (time permitting).
6. Meanwhile, grease and preheat the grill to medium heat, 375-450°F.
7. Grill chicken undisturbed for for 5-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. (An inserted thermometer should read 165 degrees F.)
8. Remove chicken from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
*Chicken is still delicious even if cooked immediately but is more flavorful the longer the rub marinates.
7 WW FlexPoints
Source: Carlsbad Cravings (4 servings)