My Mom and Dad gave me a 6QT pressure cooker for a birthday gift! Alas, the booklet did not have a recipe for brat’s, so I went with the timing for steaks. I did not have beer or wine so it’s not any authentic recipe, but pretty much posted for the timing of the Pressure cooking. I will use posted recipe’s from other ‘Zaar cooks and rate the recipes with notes that I’ve used a Pressure Cooker. The brat’s came out very tender and not overcooked, still time to sear on a grill!
10 johnsonville bratwursts
1 1⁄2 cups water
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 -2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
4 -5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1. Place the steamer tray in the bottom of your Pressure Cooker.
2. Pour in water to the level of the top of the tray.
3. Shake in the Worcestershire Sauce, around so it blends with the water.
4. Place 5 bratwurst on top of the steamer tray.
5. Sprinkle garlic powder, onion flakes and black pepper over the brats.
6. Place the remaining 5 bratwurst on top of the first 5.
7. Sprinkle the garlic powder, onion flakes and pepper over top brats.
8. Place the Pressure Cooker lid on the pot, making sure it is seated and secured, and center the pot on your burner.
9. Put the regulator on the steam tube.
10. Turn your heat on medium high to high, according to your Pressure Cooker directions.
11. When the regulator starts rocking, (it takes a few minutes to build pressure, your indicator button will go up, some sputtering around cooker steam areas is normal) turn down your heat gradually until you get a slow/medium rock from your regulator.
12. Set your timer for 10 minutes.
13. When the timer goes off, turn off the heat and LIFT the cooker to a cool burner, if you use an electric stove. (Try to protect your Pressure Cooker’s bottom from scratches).
14. Let the Pressure Cooker cool until no more steam escapes from the holes and the pressure indicator button drops.
15. When you open the lid, please be careful and lift it away from you. The bratwurst will be hot.
16. You may want to adjust the timing to about 8 minutes of pressure and then sear the bratwurst on the grill or in a cast iron skillet. The brats will be tender inside! Mmmm!
Source: www.food.com (Servings: 5 | Yield: 2 links per serving)