Perfect Pressure Cooker Quinoa
This recipe can easily be doubled by simply putting twice the recommended ingredients in the pressure cooker. The pressure cooking time does not change if the recipe quantity is increased.
1 cup (175g) quinoa
1 ½ cup (375ml) water
1 pinch salt (optional)
1. Put the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer and rinse under running water for a few minutes using your hands to rub the grains together.
2. Place the quinoa, water and salt in the pressure cooker.
3. Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker.
4. Electric pressure cookers: Cook for 1 minute at high pressure. Stovetop pressure cookers: Turn the heat up to high and when the cooker indicates it has reached high pressure, lower to the heat to maintain it and begin counting 1 minute pressure cooking time.
5. When time is up, open the pressure cooker with the Natural pressure release. Electric pressure cookers: Disengage the “keep warm” mode, or unplug the cooker, and open the lid when the pressure indicator/lid-lock has gone down (about 15 to 20 minutes). Stovetop pressure cookers: Move the cooker off the burner and wait for the pressure to come down on its own (about 10 minutes).
6. Fluff quinoa with a fork and serve.
Melissa’s note – I use pre-washed quinoa so it doesn’t need rinsing.
• Prep: 5 Minutes
• Cook: 21 Minutes
• Total Time: 26 Minutes
Source: Laura Pazzaglia, hip pressure cooking (4 servings)