Pressure Cooker Crispy Potatoes
1 lb. fingerling or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into uniform 1 – 1½ inch cubes
2 tablespoons of ghee or favorite animal fat
Freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup minced Italian parsley
½ medium lemon
1. Add ½ cup of water to the bottom (or the minimum recommended by the manufacturer) of a 6-quart stove top pressure cooker or Instant Pot fitted with a steamer insert. Dump in the potatoes.
2. Cover the pot and cook over high heat until high pressure is reached. Lower the heat to a simmer and maintain high pressure for 5 minutes. (If you’re using an electric pressure cooker like an Instant Pot, simply press the Manual button and set it to cook for 5 minutes under high pressure.)
3. Let the pressure release naturally (~10 minutes). Instant Pot users can release the pressure manually at the 10 minute mark if the pressure hasn’t completely dropped by then. You can fry the cooked potatoes right away or refrigerate them in a covered container for up to a week.
4. Melt the ghee or butter over medium high heat in a large skillet. Once it starts sputtering, carefully add the potatoes to the pan.
5. Season generously with salt and pepper. Leave the potatoes undisturbed for 1 minute before flipping to brown the other side for an additional minute.
6. Squeeze on the juice from half a lemon and toss with fresh Italian parsley.
Source: michelle tam (4 servings)