Chicken and Sausage Penne Jambalaya
This Chicken and Sausage Penne Jambalaya is my delicious personal take on a classic recipe, with chicken and Italian sausage and ready in 30 minutes.
6 ounces chicken breast (1 breast) skinless boneless, cut small pieces
½ teaspoon chili powder mild
½ teaspoon salt or to taste
½ teaspoon pepper or to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 links Italian sausage cut in 1 inch pieces
1 small onion chopped
½ bell pepper chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
28 ounces diced tomatoes (1 can) juice included
1 cup chicken broth low sodium
8 ounces penne uncooked
1 tablespoon hot sauce
2 green onions chopped
4 sprigs cilantro chopped
1. Season the chicken with chili powder, salt and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken and sausage to the skillet and cook for 6 minutes just until the chicken and sausage start to brown.
3. Add the onion and bell pepper to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes until the onion is translucent. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
4. Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, penne and hot sauce to the skillet; stir well.
5. Cook for 15 minutes until the penne is al dente.
6. Garnish with green onions and cilantro.
13 WW Freestyle SmartPoints
• Prep: 5 Minutes
• Cook: 25 Minutes
• Total Time: 30 Minutes
Source: Jo Cooks (4 servings)