Banana Cake with Chocolate Glaze
¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
½ cup mashed ripe banana
¼ cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ cup plain nonfat yogurt
½ cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon fat-free milk
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mash the bananas together with 1/4 cup of sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a mixer, blend the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, butter, and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the banana mixture making sure everything is well combined.
4. In another bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
5. Gently stir in about half the flour mixture. Then stir in the yogurt, and then finally stir in the remaining flour mixture.
6. Cook for about 25-30 minutes in 8 inch round cake pan sprayed with cooking spray (or 12 serving cupcake tray) until cooked through.
7. While the cake is baking, whisk together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla extract to make the chocolate glaze. Drizzle onto cooked cake and serve.
• Prep: 15 Minutes
• Cook: 20 Minutes
• Total Time: 35 Minutes
Source: Slender Kitchen (12 servings)