One Pan Ham & Cheese Tortellini
This One Pan Ham & Cheese Tortellini is super creamy and flavorful, and a delicious was to celebrate National Cheese Day! Everything is cooked together in one pan for a quick, family-friendly weeknight meal with easy clean up.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
10 ½ ounces ham, (2 cups), diced
20 ounces fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
1 ¾ cups low-sodium chicken broth
½ cup heavy cream
6 ounces fresh shredded Mozzarella cheese, (1 1/2 cups)
1 ounce fresh shredded Parmesan cheese, (1/4 cup)
Fresh chopped parsley
1. Heat olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened. Add diced ham and garlic and cook for several minutes, until browned.
2. Add chicken broth, tortellini and heavy cream. Stir until combined and bring to a boil. Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and tortellini are tender.
3. Meanwhile, heat the broiler on your oven (place the rack in the center of your oven).
4. Remove from heat. Stir in half of the Mozzarella and all of the Parmesan cheese until melted.
5. Top with remaining Mozzarella and place under the pre-heated broiler for about 3-5 minutes, until golden and bubbly (watch closely to avoid burning). OR if you prefer not to use the broiler, cover and let sit for 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
6. Garnish with fresh, chopped parsley and serve immediately.
• Prep: 10 Minutes
• Cook: 15 Minutes
• Total Time: 25 Minutes
Source: Yellow Bliss Road (4 servings)