A storm is coming in. Made some scones!
Cinnamon Almond Scones
Make breakfast special with these sweet, nutty Cinnamon Almond Scones.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
¾ cup milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
2. Place the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
3. Add the butter and use a pastry blender or a fork to mix until the largest pieces of butter are about the size of small peas.
4. Add the milk and vanilla, and stir just until combined.
5. Gather the dough into a ball and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Gently pat the dough into a disk about 7 inches in diameter. Scatter the almonds over the top of the dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
6. Cut into 6 wedges. Carefully transfer the wedges to the prepared pan, leaving about an inch of space between wedges.
7. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
I usually make my own cinnamon-sugar with 4 parts sugar to 1 part cinnamon. For these scones, mix together 2 tablespoons sanding sugar (or granulated sugar) and 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon.
• Prep: 15 Minutes
• Cook: 20 Minutes
Source: Bake or Break (6 servings)