8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
½ cup butter (room temperature)
1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
2. Beat cream cheese and butter together at high speed until fluffy and smooth; 1-2 minutes. Add sugar to the butter mixture and beat until fully incorporated and fluffy; 1-2 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla; 1 minute.
3. In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir just until incorporated. Do not over-mix.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets; batter will be sticky.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes. Cookies should be light in color, not browned, and just starting to brown on the bottom. *Length of baking time may vary from oven to oven.
6. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar or dip in chocolate once cooled.
The vanilla smooths out the flavor, but for a more tart, cheesey flavor, add a teaspoon of lemon juice or no extracts at all.
Do not overbake. This can cause the cookies to come out more dry and biscuit like.
• Prep: 10 Minutes
• Cook: 10 Minutes
• Total Time: 20 Minutes
Source: Yellow Bliss Road (44 servings)