Speedy Nibby Cookies
1 cup dark brown sugar
¾ cup sugar
8 ounces butter, not softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 whole eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoons baking soda
½ cup Scharffen Berger Cacao Nibs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Measures sugars into food processor and start mixing. Cut up butter into 1 tablespoon-size chunks and drop into feeding tube until blended.
3. Stop the processor while you crack 2 eggs into the feeding tube, followed by vanilla. Process for 15 seconds, scrape down the sides, and process for an additional 10 seconds.
4. Remove cover, and pour in flour. Place salt, and soda into the flour, briefly mixing into the flour with your measuring spoon. Cover and process for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides and process for an additional 10 seconds.
5. Open cover, add nibs and process for 15 seconds.
6. Drop onto cookie sheets, bake for 8 – 12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing.
7. Dough can be frozen in cookie balls in sealed freezer bag for up to 1 month. Lower temperature 25 degrees if using frozen dough, and bake slightly longer.
Source: Coborn’s (40 servings)