Caprese Kalamata Olive Toast
A perfect adjustment to boring garlic bread. Pairs great with any salad, pasta dish or soup.
8 ounces kalamata olive bread, 4, 3/4 inch slices
1 ½ cups Shredded mozzarella cheese, Halfed
4-5 medium campari tomatoes, sliced in 2-3 millimeter slices
12 whole kalamata olives, pitted, Diced
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper, To sprinkle
2 Tablespoons Butter or Spread, To spread
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread butter on one side of each slice of Kalamata Olive Bread. Place slices on a cookie sheet butter side up. Bake for 4-5 minutes or until somewhat toasted.
3. Remove from oven. Flip slices, butter side down. Sprinkle a 1/4 of the halfed mozzarella on each slice. Place sliced tomatoes, Kalamata olives and a sprinkle of black pepper on each slice. Sprinkle remainder of mozzarella evenly over each slice.
4. Place back in oven until cheese is slightly bubbling. Remove from oven.
5. Let cool a few minutes. Enjoy!!
• Total Time: 30 Minutes
Source: Big Oven (4 servings)