Easy Cashew Chicken
Easy Cashew Chicken – Forget the takeout and cook in with this super easy Chinese-American dish. It’s simple, flavorful, and also great the next day if you have any left over.
3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
½ teaspoon chili garlic sauce
3 tablespoons water
1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs , cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon cornstarch
salt and pepper
1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
1 small sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
6 scallions, diced
¾ cup unsalted, roasted cashews
cooked white rice, for serving
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the hoisin, chili garlic sauce, and water. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with the cornstarch until the chicken is coated, season with a few grinds of salt and pepper.
3. In a large nonstick pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Saute the chicken, tossing often, until browned and cooked, about 10 minutes. Add the onion, cook for 3 minutes until soft and translucent, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook for 15 seconds until fragrant. Add the rice vinegar and deglaze the pan, scraping up any brown bits, about 1 minute.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the hoisin mixture; cook, tossing to combine and warm through, about 1 more minute.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the scallions and cashews. Taste, season with a little more salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve over cooked, hot white rice.
• Prep: 15 Minutes
• Cook: 15 Minutes
• Total Time: 30 Minutes
Source: Belly Full (4 servings)