These loaded nachos are perfect for a casual dinner or a party snack. Adding the salsa and other toppings after the nachos bake keeps the chips crisp.
12 ounces gluten-free tortilla chips
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons gluten-free taco seasoning
15 ounces canned pinto beans, drained & rinsed
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, or monterery jack (or a combination)
Pico de gallo or salsa
Sliced black olives
1. Preheat oven to 425° F. Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with aluminum foil.
2. Place tortilla chips in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet. Set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add ground beef. Cook, breaking up beef with a wooden spoon as it cooks, until beef browns and no pink spots remain, about 3-5 minutes. Add onion and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Drain excess fat if needed. Stir in taco seasoning.
4. Top tortilla chips evenly with the cooked ground beef, pinto beans, corn and cheese.
5. Bake until the cheese melts and nachos are heated through, about 7-8 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle desired toppings evenly over the warm nachos. Serve immediately.
Source: Gluten-Free Living Magazine (6 servings)