The Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup peanut butter*
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups flour
¾ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1. With a hand mixer, cream together the peanut butter, butter, white sugar and brown sugar until blended. Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and mix together.
3. Stir in chocolate chips at this point if desired. Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls.
4. Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets (I used parchment paper since my cookies tend to burn on my darker pans). Press each ball once with a fork.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375. Don’t overcook! These cookies are much better soft and just barely cooked all the way through! Enjoy!
From the author – *Every time I have made these cookies I have used a regular creamy peanut butter (like Jif or a store-brand alternative). Several readers have commented that the cookies do not turn out as well when using a natural peanut butter.
Source: Butter with a Side of Bread (36 servings)