2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
1 cup diced red onion (divided)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1 lb. ground turkey
1 tablespoon + 1 tsp Litehouse Instantly Fresh Oregano (divided)
1 ½ tsp black pepper (divided)
1 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
½ cup sun dried tomatoes
1 cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
1 cup cucumber (diced)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
6 pita breads
½ cup Litehouse Feta Cheese Crumbles
1 tablespoon fresh mint (chopped)
1 lemon (sliced into 6 wedges)
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Once the skillet is hot, add 1 tbsp olive oil.
3. Sauté ½ cup of onions in the olive oil for 4-5 minutes, add the garlic, saute 1 minute, add the turkey. Cook the turkey through, drain any grease, then add 1 tbsp oregano, 1 tsp black pepper, ½ tsp kosher salt and sun dried tomatoes.
4. Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
5. In the meantime, combine the remaining ½ cup of onions with the cherry tomatoes and cucumber.
6. In a small bowl whisk the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil with the red wine vinegar, lemon juice and remaining 1 tsp oregano, ½ tsp black pepper and ½ tsp kosher salt.
7. Pour this mixture over the tomato cucumber salsa and toss to combine.
8. Warm the pita bread in a dry skillet over medium heat for 30-60 seconds on each side.
9. Add the cooked ground turkey to the pita bread, top with the cucumber tomato salsa, feta cheese and fresh mint.
10. Serve with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over the tacos.
• Total Time: 30 Minutes
Source: Whitney Bond (6 servings)