This EASY quiche uses crispy hash browns as the crust and is topped with cheesy eggs!! The ultimate comfort food brunch or breakfast-for-dinner recipe that everyone LOVES!!
about 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
16-ounce s hash browns, thawed and seasoned with salt and pepper
10 large eggs
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
½ cup half-and-half (whole milk or heavy cream may be substituted)
2 or 3 green onions, sliced into thin rounds
1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375F and add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a 9-inch cast iron or oven-safe skillet and swirl around to coat evenly.
2. Add the hash browns and make sure to pat them in place around the sides of the pan and not just on the bottom.
3. Evenly drizzle the hashbrowns with about 3 tablespoons olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and bake for about 45 minutes or until lightly golden browned.
4. While the hash browns are baking, to a large bowl add the eggs and whisk to break them up.
5. Add 1 1/2 cups cheese, half-and-half, green onions, salt, pepper, and whisk to combine.
6. Pour the egg mixture over the hash browns, evenly sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese, return the skillet to the oven, and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until eggs are set and cheese is as golden browned as desired. Baking time will vary based on type of pan used, oven variance, etc.
Tip – If your skillet is very full like mine was, place a baking sheet underneath the skillet just in case of a slight bubble-over so it’s contained on the baking sheet and not on the bottom of your oven; the quiche rises slightly during baking. Allow quiche to cool for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Quiche is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Source: Averie Cooks (8 servings)