Carrot Ginger Soup
This healthy Carrot Ginger Soup is made with fresh carrots, a hint of fresh ginger and a touch of sour cream blended together until creamy, perfect for lunch or dinner. You can make it vegan or dairy-free by swapping the cream for coconut milk.
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter (use oil for DF)
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 lb. peeled baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup reduced fat sour cream (tofutti sour cream or coconut milk for dairy free)
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh micro greens or chives, for garnish
1.In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat; add onions and cook, stirring often, until onions are soft, about 5-6 minutes.
2.Add broth, carrots, and ginger. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are soft, about 30 minutes.
3.Add sour cream, using an immersion blender (or in batches in a regular blender), carefully blend until smooth. Bring soup back to a boil, adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
4.Ladle into 4 bowls and garnish with a little more sour cream and fresh chives if desired.
• Total Time: 45 Minutes