Zucchini and Feta Fritters
A fabulous summer side dish to make great use of in-season zucchini and mint.
3 medium zucchini (about 1½ pounds)
2 large eggs, whisked
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup diced yellow onion
⅓ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper
1 cup whole wheat flour (use cup4cup for gluten-free)
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Shred the zucchini using the largest holes on a cheese grater (or a food processor with a shredding disk).
2. Use a clean kitchen towel to squeeze out as much liquid from the zucchini as you can (discard the liquid).
3. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the eggs, feta, mint, onion, cumin, salt, and pepper to taste.
4. Stir in the flour.
5. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium-low heat.
6. Scoop out the zucchini mixture using a ¼-cup measure and drop it into the pan, repeating to make as many patties as will fit in the skillet, about 4 at a time.
7. Gently flatten the patties with the back of the measuring cup and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked all the way through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
8. Repeat to make the rest of the fritters.
• Total Time: 30 Minutes
• Prep: 15 Minutes
• Cook: 15 Minutes
Source: Skinny Taste (Servings: 8 | Yield: 2 fritters per serving)