Sesame Soy Grilled Tuna that tastes just like your favorite restaurant but is made at home. Don’t be intimidated to cook this easy grilled or pan seared tuna at home for a healthy and delicious dinner.
⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 green onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
½ teaspoon black pepper
24 ounces ahi tuna steaks (about 6 oz each piece)
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, green onions, garlic, sesame oil, ginger, and pepper.
2. Marinate the tuna in this mixture in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, two hours or more is ideal. If you can, remove the tuna from the fridge twenty minutes before cooking so it can come to room temperature.
3. When ready to cook, remove the tuna from the marinade, brushing off any green onions.
4. Brush the grill with cooking spray. Cook the tuna for about 3 minutes on each side for medium rare. For medium well, cook about 5 minutes on each side.
5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Source: Slender Kitchen (4 servings)