olive oil spray
½ lb. 99% lean ground turkey
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped onion, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons water
8 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded and membranes removed (use gloves)
3 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 large scallions, green part only, sliced
½ ounce shredded sharp cheddar cheese
½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
chopped scallions and cilantro, for garnish
2 tablespoons sour cream plus 2 teaspoons water, for drizzling
½ cup pico de gallo
2 tablespoons sliced black olives
1. Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.
2. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat and spray with oil. Add onion, cilantro and garlic and saute about 2 minutes, until soft. Add ground turkey, salt, garlic powder, cumin and cook meat for 4 to 5 minutes until meat is completely cooked through breaking it up with a spoon. Add the tomato paste and water, mix well and simmer on medium for about 2 to 3 minutes, remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, cheddar and scallions in a medium bowl. Using a small spoon or a spatula, spoon about 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese filling into the peppers.
4. Arrange in a single layer, cut-side up close together. Bake until soft, about 12 to 15 minutes.
5. Top with meat and cheese and bake until melted, about 3 minutes more.
6. Remove from oven and top with pico de gallo, olives and drizzle with sour cream. Garnish with cilantro and scallions and serve immediately.
7. Read more at https://www.skinnytaste.com/jalapeno-popper-nachos/#OM2SVFIG6afbxOlt.99
Melissa’s note – I didn’t use the nonstick foil, I baked mine on a silpat mat.
• Prep: 15 Minutes
• Cook: 30 Minutes
• Total Time: 45 Minutes
Source: Skinnytaste (Servings: 8 | Yield: 2 peppers per serving)