Zucchini Pizza Boats
Zucchini Pizza Boats are the perfect low carb and healthy pizza option made with halved zucchini, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and all your favorite toppings.
4 zucchinis, each cut in half
1 teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper
½ cup marinara sauce
1 cuppart skim shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup turkey pepperoni, chopped (or vegetarian pepperoni)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the zucchinis in half. Scoop out the inside of the zucchini using a spoon. This step isn’t neccessary but I find they turn out better this way.
3. Sprinkle the zucchini halves with oregano, salt, and pepper.
4. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Carefully remove from oven. Spread about 1 tbsp. of sauce on each half and then sprinkle on 2 tbsp. of cheese per half. Add pepperoni or other toppings.
6. Return to oven for 15-20 minutes until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted.
4 Freestyle Smartpoints
Source: Slender Kitchen (4 servings)