Shrimp Zoodles Parmesan for Two
Baked Shrimp Parmesan over Zucchini Noodles – an easy, light and delicious shrimp dish made in under 30 minutes!
8 ounces peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
fresh black pepper, to taste
1 large egg, beaten*
3 tablespoons whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon panko crumbs
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
olive oil cooking spray
For the Zoodles:
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed with the side of a knife
1 ¼ cups crushed tomatoes, I always use Tuttorosso
kosher salt and pepper, to taste
2 medium zucchini (14 oz total), spiralized with the thicker blade, and cut into 6-inch lengths
1 ounce shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Put the beaten egg in one bowl, and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese a second bowl.
3. Wash and dry the shrimp. Season lightly black pepper, then put a few at a time in the bowl with the egg to coat. Then into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on a baking sheet.
4. Spray the top of the shrimp generously with oil then bake in the middle rack for about 6-7 minutes.
5. Turn shrimp over then cook another 3 minutes or until cooked though.
6. In a large oven safe skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
7. Add the garlic and cook until browned, about 2 minutes.
8. Add the crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper and simmer on low 5 to 6 minutes.
9. When the shrimp is done, add the zucchini noodles and cook 1 1/2 to 2 minutes tops, stirring to combine with sauce.
10. Place the cooked shrimp over the zoodles, top with cheese and place under the broiler 1 minute until the cheese melts.
Yield: 2 servings, Serving Size: 5 shrimp, 1/2 zoodles
Freestyle Points: 4
Source: Skinny Taste (2 servings)