Shrimp and Pea Risotto
1 ½ cups, uncooked Arborio Rice
5 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1 tablespoon oil
⅓ cups onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lb. small shrimp, shelled and deveined
½ cup frozen peas, unthawed
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Heat broth to a simmer in saucepan. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil in heavy 4 quart saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic, sauté until onion is soft but not brown.
3. Add rice; stir for about one minute until grains are coated.
4. Begin adding simmering broth ½ cup at a time, stirring until absorbed before adding next ½ cup broth.
5. Add shrimp after the rice has been cooking 10-12 minutes and continue to add the broth, ½ cup at a time.
6. When all broth has been added and grains are tender, stir in additional tablespoon butter, cheese and peas. Serve immediately.
9 WW Freestyle SmartPoints
• Prep: 10 Minutes
• Cook: 35 Minutes
Source: Rice Select (6 servings)