Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
Small batch chocolate chip cookies for your next cookie craving! Make just a half batch of chocolate chip cookies the next time you need a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie!
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
¼ cup dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg yolk (egg white reserved for another use)
¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
⅛ teaspoon fine salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
⅓ cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375. Line a light-colored baking sheet with a silicone mat.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 20 seconds.
3. Add the sugars, and beat for about 30 seconds. The mixture will turn a pale color and be fluffy.
4. Next, add the egg yolk and vanilla and beat until just combined.
5. Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a separate bowl.
6. Sprinkle the flour on top of the butter mixture, and beat just until combined.
7. Stir in the chocolate chips.
8. Scoop the dough into 12 dough balls, and space them evenly on the baking sheet.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes, removing the cookies from the oven when the edges just start to turn golden brown.
10. Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 1 minute before moving them to a wire rack to cool.
• Prep: 10 Minutes
• Cook: 8 Minutes
• Total Time: 18 Minutes
Source: Dessert for Two (Servings: 12 | Yield: 1 dozen)