Easy Baked Chicken Breast
Tender and juicy Baked Chicken Breasts with a delicious honey mustard sauce takes only minutes to make! Baked Chicken couldn’t be any easier to prepare for a quick and easy dinner idea! Smothered in a Honey Mustard Sauce with a kick of lemon juice, this will become your new favourite chicken breast recipe!
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
1 tablespoon smooth and mild Dijon mustard
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon paprika
2 lbs. (1 kg) boneless skinless chicken breasts, (4 large chicken breasts)
Salt and cracked black pepper, to season
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, to garnish (optional)
Lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F | 200°C. Lightly grease a baking tray / sheet with oil and line with foil or parchment paper.
2. Combine the oil, honey, mustards, garlic, lemon juice and paprika in a small bowl to combine well.
3. Place the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet (tray). Season generously with salt and pepper. Spoon 3/4 of the honey mustard mixture evenly over the chicken and spread evenly all over each breast. Pour 1/4 cup water onto baking sheet to prevent burning, creating a sauce while baking.
4. Bake until cooked through (about 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts). Spoon the remaining sauce over each breast and broil (or grill) for a further 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat to brown the chicken and caramelise the edges.
5. Cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes to allow the juices to settle before serving.
6. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
To include roasted asparagus, arrange them onto the same baking sheet around the chicken in the last 10 minutes of cook time. Rotate them in the pan juices or pan sauce and season with salt and pepper.
• Prep: 5 Minutes
• Cook: 30 Minutes
• Total Time: 35 Minutes
Source: Cafe Delites (4 servings)