My hubby did a great job cooking these up last night!
Herb Crusted Pork Chops
1 pound thin boneless pork chops, fat trimmed
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
½ cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Rub mustard evenly over pork chops. Combine panko, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper in a large bowl and dredge pork chops in panko mixture.
3. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan and swirl to coat. Add pork chops, saute for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Turn pork over and place skillet in oven for about 8 minutes or until pork reaches 145 degrees in the center. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
Melissa’s note – we used really thin pork chops so we did not have to finish them in the oven. If using thicker cuts, finish in oven as directed.
Source: Eat Yourself Skinny (Servings: 4 | Yield: 1 chop)
Thai Tuna Burger
2 sprays cooking spray
1 pound uncooked tuna, sushi grade
2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
1 tablespoon ginger root, grated or finely chopped
1 tablespoon lemon grass, finely chopped
2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
¼ teaspoon sriracha chili sauce, or other hot sauce (to taste)
4 light hamburger roll(s) or bun(s), toasted
1. Coat a large griddle, outdoor grill rack or stovetop grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
2. Cut tuna into bite-size chunks; pulse in a food processor 4 to 5 times. In a large bowl, combine tuna, cilantro, ginger, lemon grass, garlic and fish sauce; evenly divide mixture into four balls and then gently press each one into a 3 1/2-inch patty. Cook burgers 3 minutes per side for medium (or longer until desired degree of doneness).
3. Combine mayonnaise and Sriracha in a small bowl.
4. Serve each burger on a toasted bun with about 3/4 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture.
If you can’t find lemon grass, use 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest in its place.
• Cook: 6 Minutes
• Prep: 20 Minutes
• Total Time: 26 Minutes
Source: Weight Watchers (Servings: 4 | Yield: 4 burgers)